Together SC announces 2017-2018 board of directorsSep 06, 2017 01:56PM ● By Kathleen Maris
Together SC, formerly the South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations, has announced its 2017-2018 board of directors. The board includes three incoming members and a transition in leadership with Ted Hendry, president of United Way of Greenville County, completing a two-year term as board chair. Forrest Alton, president and founder of 1000 Feathers, a Columbia-based nonprofit consulting firm, succeeds Hendry as Together SC’s chairman.
New members on the board of directors include Melanie Huggins, executive director of Richland County Library, and Sheila Caldwell, president of Heart2Heart Foundation in Rock Hill. Rick Noble is returning as a board member. He previously served on the board in the late 90s and was a member of the organization’s founding board.
The board is responsible for leading the 800-member statewide organization that advocates for the state’s nonprofit sector.
The 2017-2018 board of directors for Together SC includes:
- Board Chair: Forrest L. Alton, 1000 Feathers, LLC
- Treasurer/Secretary: Doug Snyder, CPA
- Chair-Elect: Reid Lehman, Miracle Hill Ministries
- Membership Chair: Michelle Mapp, SC Community Loan Fund
- Chair Emeritus: J. Mac Bennett, United Way of the Midlands
- Immediate Past Chair: Ted Hendry, United Way of Greenville County
- Melanie Huggins, Richland Library
- Rick Noble, Richland County First Steps
- Sheila Caldwell, Heart2Heart Foundation
- D. Jermaine Husser, Palmetto Goodwill
- Sherrie Snipes-Williams, Charleston Promise Neighborhood
- Teresa Creech, Early Learning Partnership of York County
- Erika Kirby, BlueCross BlueShield of SC Foundation
- Robyn Ezzell, Find Great People
- Paige Stephenson, United Way of the Piedmont
“We are thrilled to welcome both new and familiar faces to our board of directors for this new term,” said Madeleine McGee, president of Together SC. “They all have a deep-rooted passion for nonprofit work and I am confident they will help us ensure we are strengthening our state’s nonprofit community through learning opportunities, advocacy and collaboration.”
About Together SC:
Together SC is a membership organization focused solely on supporting and strengthening South Carolina’s nonprofit sector through education, advocacy, networking, and leadership. Founded in 1997 as the South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Organizations (SCANPO), Together SC is comprised of 800+ members representing nonprofit organizations, business partners, associations, foundations and academic institutions. To learn more, visit TogetherSC.org.