Lowcountry Hotels To Break Ground at Nexton
Jun 15, 2018 12:49PM
By Kathleen Maris
Lowcountry Hotels will break ground for the new Hilton Garden Inn-Homewood Suites Summerville Hotel & Conference Center, located at Nexton at 406 Sigma Drive, Summerville, S.C., 29486 on Thursday, June 28. The event will begin at 10 a.m.
Located at the corner of Sigma Drive and Edge Street, this will provide a meeting and event space and will be Summerville's only conference center.
Featuring a shared lobby, the dual-branded hotel will offer a total 250 guest rooms, from standard business rooms to family sized suites. Amenities include a full-service restaurant, bar and lounge, business center, workout facility, resort style pool, and multiple outdoor green spaces.
The dual-branded hotel will have an adjoining conference center, a two-story building designed to accommodate the need for an event and conference space in the Summerville area. The building will feature 14,000 square feet of versatile ballroom and event space, full event planning and catering staff, and a back entryway suited for vehicle access.
Local officials and dignitaries will partake in the ceremony, including the following speakers:
- Dan Blumenstock, director of hotel operations of Lowcountry Hotels
- Brent Gibadlo, vice president and general manager of Nexton
- Chad Frampton, president & CEO of Frampton Construction
- Wiley Johnson, mayor of Summerville
- Bill Peagler, Berkeley County supervisor
- George Fennell and Scott Fennell, COO and president of Lowcountry Hotels